Friday, May 3, 2013

OTHER WORLDLY WEAR

 
     Being that I've moved around quite a bit, there's things that are essential to find when I relocate. One of the places top of my list is a decent comic book shop. I have to say that good ones have sadly been few & far in between. Luckily, Albany New York has one of the best shops around: EARTHWORLD COMICS.
     Not only is the shop itself amazing, but the staff are real good people who truly love what they do. It's always great picking up my sub & seeing the extra effort put into taking care of clients. The other day I was in to pick up my books & was looking forward to a particular issue, which I usually get the 'gore' cover. The 'wrap' cover was pulled instead which was actually twice as gory as the 'gore' cover. I'm not sure that that was the reason it was selected for me, but being a fan of horror I appreciated the alternate. That kind of consideration can melt a girls dark heart haha!
     Anyways, I'm grateful for all they do not only for me & their other customers, but for all the good they do for the community & local charities. They have donated countless goodies to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY & Books For Troops. This year, the shop is giving back to Things of My Very Own” (TOMVO.org) which is a non profit organization that provides impoverished children who are victims of abuse and/or neglect with crisis intervention services by donating items such as colored pencils, crayons, markers, folders, and loose-leaf paper, toiletries and of course, comics or other age appropriate books.  
     I wanted to show my appreciation to owner JC Glindmyer & his crew for being great people who run an awesome LCS by drawing up something for the store. I wanted it to have their logo & some comic book characters. Since I love drawing up the ladies I went with 1 awesome female character from 8 publishing companies that they carry.
Then, to my surprise, JC informed me that he had the piece made into T-shirts!!!!
 

They will be featured as the shops 'official T-shirt' for their 2013 FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!
So be sure to stop by EARTHWORLD COMICS at 5537 Central Avenue37 Central Avenue for FCBD this year & get one for yourself & bring in any donations for TOMVO. Check em out here http://www.earthworldcomics.com & make Earthworld your home for comics :)



No comments: